3DXSTAT™ ESD PEKK-A - Ultra Performance 3D Printing Material
Made using Arkema Kepstan® PEKK (PolyEtherKetoneKetone) and state of the art conductive additives, this ESD-safe PEKK is one of the highest-performance polymers in the world. ESD PEKK is ideal for demanding applications in aerospace, defense, automotive, and electronics applications.
Aerospace-Grade Performance. This filament was created for the most demanding applications where tightly controlled static dissipation, thermal properties, mechanical performance, low outgassing, and chemical resistance properties are required.
3DXSTAT™ ESD PEKK-A product attributes include:
- Made using the 60/40 type PEKK copolymer (PEKK-A)
- Substantially easier to print than PEEK
- Glass Transition Temp (Tg) of 162°C (20°C higher than PEEK)
- Heat distortion temperature (HDT) of 150°C
- Melt Temp (Tm) of 305°C (allows for lower print temps than PEEK)
- 10^4 to 10^9ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method
- Consistent surface resistivity and low particulate contamination
- Low outgassing - ideal for space related applications
- PEKK has inherent flame resistance
- Long-term hydrolytic stability in steam and autoclave environments
- Excellent dimensional stability (low creep and low/uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) allowing for highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Excellent resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids, fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, and aqueous solutions
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
3DXSTAT™ ESD PEKK-A compared to Stratasys® Antero™ PEKK 840CN03:
- 3DXTECH® and Stratasys® both use PEKK-A from Arkema as the base resin
- 3DXTECH® and Stratasys® both use carbon nanotubes as the conductive additive
- 3DXTSTAT™ ESD PEKK-A is lower cost and suitable for use on many lower cost open-source 3D printers, including the Gearbox™ HT2.
- Stratasys® Antero™ 840CN03 is more expensive and only available on the ultra-expensive Fortus® 900mc Plus
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Larger reels and custom diameters available upon request
Surface conductivity as a function of extruder temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD-safe part will vary depending on the printer's extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be 'dialed-in' by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your part.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 355 - 385°C
- Bed Temp: 120 - 140°C
- Bed Prep: Ultem™ Tape is the ideal build surface, glue stick on clean glass is suitable
- Enclosure temp (if your printer is equipped): 70 - 140°C
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE.
Fortus® and Antero™ are trademarks of Stratasys LTD and not affiliated with 3DXTECH LLC.
Kepstan® is a registered trademark of Arkema
No reviews have been left for this product, be the first to leave a review