Facilan™ Ortho was developed in conjunction with orthotics and insoles researchers, manufacturers and patients to be high-performance material for orthotics, shoe soles and insoles. It is the world's first material designed specifically for orthotics. Unique hot melt properties make Ortho ideally suited for adhesion to leather and textiles. Facilan™ Ortho is based on compostable raw material according to EN 13432
3D4MAKERS self-made extrusion machinery has a unique way of producing filaments. During the production of the filament it does not come into contact with water. Following production the filament is immediately packaged in a vacuum bag. This results is a moisture-free product.
Facilan™ ORTHO Low temperature, smooth surface printing
Facilan™ Ortho can also be used in soft braces, corrective braces, shoe soles and other similar applications. We've developed this material in concert with orthotics producers, orthotics fitters and people who wear orthotics in order to develop the perfect filament for 3D printing orthotics.
- Facilan™ Ortho is a polyester that is semi-crystalline leading to a clean white final appearance.
- The density of Facilan™ Ortho is around 1.2kg/cm 3 and it has exceptional mechanical properties.
- Facilan™ Ortho melts around 60°C which makes it a safe thermoplastic to print.
- With a glass transition temperature of -60°C the product is extremely flexible and tough.
- Facilan™ Ortho is a high-quality biodegradable plastic based on a thermoplastic fulfilling compostability according to EN13432.
- The unique properties of Facilan™ mean that it has excellent adhesion to textiles. This means that 3D printed parts can be combined easily with or bonded to textile inserts, midsoles or other brace or shoe parts.
- Due to the low melting point of Facilan™ Ortho, it can be re-shaped after 3D printing with 55 °C water.
Facilan™ Ortho Material Properties
- Density: 1.1 g/cm³
- Tensile Strength: 45 MPa
- Elongation at Yield: 15 %
- Tensile Modulus: 350 MPa
- IZOD Impact Strength (notched): 8 kJ/m2
- Shore D Hardness: 46
- Heat Deflection Temperature (0,45 MPa): 57 °C
- Bed Temperature: 30-45°C
- Adhesion: PEI Sheets
- Print Temperature: 130 to 170°C
- Print Speed: 20 - 40 mm/s
- Notes: This material will flow readily from your nozzle, for best results use extra cooling on your model and bed.
ElogioAM makes no warranties what so ever, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, any implied fitness for any particular purpose. From the moment the product is shipped it is beyond our control. The information in this document is believed to be correct at the time of writing. However, handling, processing, settings, the type of 3D printer, slicing and other variables are completely up to the user. The method through which the product is used can be varied. It is up for the customer to determine how it is 3D printed and whether it is fit for purpose or suited to a particular application.
No reviews have been left for this product, be the first to leave a review