GROWLAY - Filament / what is it ?
- Print 3D objects and let biological cultures grow on it, such as,
- Grass; moss
- Fungus ; mildew
- Pharma-cultures, mother cells
GROWLAY works like a breeding ground. Add seeds or spores to them and they will grow.
- GROWLAY is microcapillary. Its cavities absorb and store water, dissolved liquid nutrients or fertilizer. Promoted because of the capillary action throughout the printed object.
- Mold grows through the open-cell capillaries and forms a mycelium.
- Seeds of grasses can get caught and grow in Growlay.
- Spores find room to germinate in small cavities. (see SEM-Pics)
- Roots cling to the structures of the object filling.
- Even lichens grow on Growlay. These usually grow preferentially on stones of walls or trees.
- GROWLAY can be sterilized (for food use and research) with gases or wet (but not thermally)
- For colour differentiation, objects printed with Growlay can be subsequently coloured with food colours.
- Is an absorptive carrier for agents
GROWLAY is available in the functionally different versions white and brown
Version white is an experimental filament & fully compostable
The brown version contains not only pores but also built-in "food" in the form of cell material which is needed for growth
PLEASE NOTE: GROWLAY - has two versions:
1) GROWLAY-WHITE, pure & porous, experimental filament for experienced users only
- Fully Compostable polymer
- With open capillaries
- White filament
- Print range from: 85° - 135°C
- GROWLAY-white 1.75mm (real: 1.55mm - 1.85mm)
PLEASE NOTE !
Note: We cannot accept returns on the White Growlay as it is an experimental material only.
- As a beta version 1.75mm Growlay filament comes unfortunately in variation of diameter from ~1.45mm to 1.8mm
- Is not as easy to print with Bowden extruders
- Filament can be fast grinded at the hobbed bolt if the feed somewhere is blocked
- The 3mm filament prints a little easier due to its thickness
- GROWLAY-white 3.0 mm (real average: 2.50mm – 2.85mm) works fine, also with Bowden
2) GROWLAY-brown, porous + wood particles, for any user
- Not compostable
- With open capillaries
- Polymer contains organic nutrients (+wood particles)
- Higher tensile strength
- More rigid as version white-
- Increased temperature stability
- The filament can be printed just as easily as Laywood,
- Brown filament
- Print at: 235°-250°C
No reviews have been left for this product, be the first to leave a review