FREE 3D Printed Tool holder with every order!
The PRO 3D Print Finishing Tool...Now tougher with more power.
What is MODIFI3D PRO?
Modifi3D PRO is an evolution of the 3D print tool. It is now tougher and has more power. We have added adjustable temperature control with an LCD display. Temperature can now be set up to 450ºC to allow for future potential of new tips and attachments.
The PRO is designed to replace much of the sanding, scraping and snapping to finish off your 3D prints, and comes with 10 interchangeable tips. The new improved tips are stronger than before and provide more functions including the ability to produce countersinks and setting threaded inserts.
MODIFI3D PRO Features
- 10 interchangeable tips.
- Special tip coating to prevent sticking.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Rapid heat to 200ºC in under 25 secs.
- LCD Display.
- Adjustable temperature control.
- 30W power (450ºC Max Temp.)
- Adjustable Standby and Sleep mod
1. Select a tip and thread into the heater cover tube. Leave the heater cover tube and locking nut in place (this is only for rotational adjustment if required).
2. Place Modifi3D PRO on the included stand.
3. Plug into the Modifi3D PRO DC socket and plug in the wall adaptor.
4. When connected to power, the LCD display will show the version number for a few seconds and then switch to the actual temperature. Preset initial temperature is 300°C.
- To set the temperature press the +/- buttons until the desired temperature is selected.
- After a few seconds the LCD display will show the actual temperature.
- Temperature is adjusted in 1°C increments. To adjust in 10°C increments click the + or - a few times and then hold down.
STANDBY / SLEEP MODES
If Modifi3D PRO is still for the selected standby time, it will go into standby mode and the temperature will decline to the selected standby temperature. During standby mode, it will go into sleep mode after the selected time.
When Modifi3D PRO is moved, it will wake and go into working mode automatically and the temperature will rise to the last selected temperature.
Modifi3D PRO comes with a settings mode that can be used to adjust default standby and sleep times and temperatures.
Detailed instructions will be provided in the Modifi3D PRO box.
1. To change tips unplug the DC power and allow the tips to cool.
2. Unscrew the existing tip from the end of the heater cover tube (leave the heater cover tube and locking nut in place)
3. Replace with your selected tip.
4. If you wish to rotate the tip, slightly loosen the locking nut and rotate the heater cover tube. Once at the correct angle simply tighten the locking nut.
5. Plug in the power supply.
Wipe tips before use to keep in good condition.
Do not keep Modifi3D PRO switched on for extended periods of time as this will break down the special coating on the tips.
Do not put excessive pressure on the tip during use to avoid damaging the tip or heater assembly. Let heat do the work.
Never clean tips with coarse, abrasive materials.
The temperature shown on the LCD display is the temperature of the heater element. Due to different tip sizes and shapes heat transfer to the tip edge may vary slightly and hence actual tip temperature may also vary from that shown on the display