“Copper 3D Nano Particles embedded into the materials structure, free copper irons which break the micro-organisms membrane and even alter their DNA, eliminating them completely and keeping the material free of pathogens”
PLACTIVE AN¹™ by COPPER3D is an innovative Nanocomposite developed with a high quality PLA and a patented, scientifically validated and highly effective Nano-Copper additive. This unique combination of technologies brings the following characteristics to our products:
PLACTIVE AN¹™ features:
- Antibacterial action has been scientifically validated eliminating more than 99.99% of fungi, viruses, bacteria and a wide range of microorganisms;
- Clinically tested in prosthesis for amputees with excellent results*
- Tested by NASA to avoid contamination in long term space flights**
- Non-toxic product and environmentally friendly (biodegradable);
- It has thermoforming characteristics that facilitates post-processing and final adjustments of the 3D printed application.
- 1% Nanocopper concentration
The additive used in PLACTIVE AN¹™ is developed with nanotechnology, and being nanostructures of an average size of 20 nanometers or even less, do not affect the macroscopic or mechanical characteristics of the base material.
Copper 3D 3D printing materials and printed objects, have been studied and validated as fully antimicrobial by the Microbiology Laboratory of the Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, in Chile and double-checked in SITU Biosciences Laboratory in the US.
You can read a clinical study conducted on an antimicrobial finger prosthesis for amputee war veterans (Figures 1 and 2). This study was published in the Journal of Applied Sciences here: https://www.mdpi.com/2076-3417/8/9/1651
The PLACTIVE AN¹™ material is also currently being tested by NASA, through a collaboration with the Department of Biomechanics of the U. of Nebraska-Omaha with two research funds that are aiming to test a new kind of Antimicrobial 3D Printed Medical Devices for new uses in long term space flights. You can review this information here: https://www.nespacegrant.org/faculty-2018 and a paper with this publication here.
PLACTIVE TM is a high-quality PLA filament with a scientifically validated antimicrobial nano-copper additive, material registered by the FDA and compliance with EU normative.
- Print Temp - 190-210c
- Print speed – 40-50 MM/S
- Spool size 750gms